A few years back when Mark Zuckerberg came up with his concept of a social networking site and named it Facebook, he had no idea what it would become in the time to come. Facebook has quite literally revolutionized the way we look at social networking. With over 700 million active users, it is definitely the biggest platform you can get if you seek to engage with many people simultaneously. Though Facebook is the premiere social networking platform, it also holds a lot of potential for businesses. The fact that it can help businesses in growing and reaching out to a new customer base has added to its popularity.
Today when you look at Facebook and the groups or fan pages that exist on the site, you will find that every popular brand is there. They are not only there but are active on almost a daily basis. For the present generation, who spend a lot more time on the internet than on the TV, brands needed to change their approach. Facebook provides the best possible solution in this scenario. However, it is not only the big brands that make the full use of Facebook’s social media power. Even small businesses can benefit greatly if they make optimal use of the various features that Facebook has to offer.
WHY USE FACEBOOK FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
When you start your business, many things have to be taken into account. Amongst the tons of seemingly more important things, you might question the need for using Facebook. Often people end up feeling that it is too trivial a task and can be accomplished at anytime. Here are some reasons why you should have your presence on a social networking giant like Facebook and take it very seriously:
- Customer Interaction: Having your business on Facebook through a fanpage or a group is a great way to learn more about your customers. Through comments or posts, you get to have direct feedback and conversations with your target audience. The people who like your fanpage or join your group are only there because they want to be. They are there to know what they can about you and you can do the same thing.
- Give a personal touch to your business: Being well connected is important for any business, especially for a small one. You need to be able to communicate with people and grow your contacts. The best possible way to do that is through direct involvement. Facebook allows you to give your business an image and then you can actually have live conversations with people who matter, making it a more personal experience than what you get on a TV.
- Develop a loyal fan base: Facebook allows you to develop your very own community. All you need to do is, post links and content that is both relevant and useful. You can even have promotional campaigns and contests through your page and offer incentives as well. If done correctly, you will find that you can develop a loyal community for your business on Facebook.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization is a key aspect for anyone who wants to build a significant presence on the web. Having a Facebook page for your business can help you in your SEO efforts as well. All the links and posts on the page are indexed by search engines. So having a page flowing with continuous relevant content will definitely give you a jump in search engine rankings.
- Beat your competition: One of the biggest reasons for you to make sure that you are on Facebook is that your competition might already be there. In this cut throat environment, lagging behind will make it really hard for your business to succeed.
- Viral promotion: If someone ends up liking your page then it appears in their news feed. This makes it possible for your business to be in their eyes on a regular basis through status updates or content posting. What’s more, if they comment on your post, their friends will also see your post and this will help in viral promotion of your business.
- Facebook Ads: Your business at Facebook is not just limited to a fan page or a group. Facebook also offers you a chance to put up advertising campaigns. You can build your advertisements, and as per your budget requirements, go for a campaign suitable for your business. You can also choose the set of people to whom these ads will be visible. You can target your ads on the basis of demographics, educational level, interests etc. It is also up to you to decide how often these ads will appear.
- Save money: Apart from these facts, Facebook is free. You do not need to spend anything for promoting your company through a Facebook page. Facebook already has people addicted to it. This means you do not have to look for customers they are already there.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST USE OF FACEBOOK?
Many people feel that simply having a page or a group on Facebook is enough to help their company. It cannot be further from the truth. In fact, if you are not going to use it properly, then it can be more disadvantageous than not being on Facebook.
Make sure that you do not leave your page or group after a few days. It reduces participation and gives your business a bad name. Do not spam through your pages, it is the simplest way to lose customers. Make sure that your fans and members are rewarded for being there. You could give them free coupons via Facebook or something similar.
Facebook has really changed the way people go about promoting there business. With so many people with varied interests available on a single platform, there is something for everyone. All you need to do is find the right target audience and then market your business to them. Facebook provides you all the tools required to reach these people.
We help brands manage their social networks like Facebook and other digital assistance, if you need our assistance please channel your reuest through this page>> Additional ICT services